One of the services that BlueIvy Communications offers is media training. Media training is extremely beneficial. Although you may not think you need any training, if you’ve never been on camera before, you may be surprised at how different it is than having a regular conversation. Media Training teaches individuals to coherently and effectively interact with reporters, journalists, and other members of the media during interviews and press conferences. This will prevent you or your spokesperson from being quoted out of context in the media because of poor training in public speaking, lack of clarity, and miscommunication. To give you a head start, here are some of the media training tips that the experts at BlueIvy recommend:
- Know your message: Before you begin your media training, ensure that you know what you want to communicate and how you want to communicate it. This will help you stay on message and avoid being sidetracked by irrelevant questions.
- Practice, practice, practice: Practice your media interview skills with a colleague or friend. Record yourself to see how you come across and work on improving your delivery.
- Understand the media landscape: Understand the type of media you will be interacting with and what they are looking for in their stories. This will help you tailor your messages to their audience and increase the chances of your story being picked up.
- Be concise: Keep your answers short and to the point. Avoid rambling and tangents, which can distract from your main message.
- Use simple language: Use simple, easy-to-understand language that the audience can relate to. Avoid technical jargon or industry-specific terms that may confuse the audience.
- Be aware of your body language: Your body language can communicate as much as your words. Be aware of your posture, facial expressions, and tone of voice during the interview.
- Stay calm and confident: Stay calm and confident throughout the interview. Remember that you are the expert in your field, and your opinion matters.
Are you ready to talk to the media about your business? Let BlueIvy Communications’ expert media trainers guide you through the process and the actual interview by contacting us today!